zondag 3 januari 2021

 common sense get together get us through the day.

i ask the question but don't listen or wait long enough for the answer.

I don't appreciate this aspect of myself.  It is not fair to my friends or loved ones 

who do listen to my own ramblings about my own self concern.


But I guess my friends and family know this about me by now 

and for some reason remain my friends (family is relatively stuck with me).


I tell myself over and over to just listen and acknowledge without attempting

to give advice.  I understand the universe as much as the next pseudo-intellectial does

and regurgitating information gathered by countlesss podcasts and youtube videos does 

not make one a guru, though maybe I can get a job as a High School guidance counselor.  


My family has said that I have a gift for working with kids, that I should have become a teacher.

My own teenager wants little to do with me but I figure that is normal in most households.

Other young people I have known did appreciate what I do or have had to say to them when they asked.

Funny thing about advice.  Giving it is easy, listening to that same advice myself

for one reason or another is difficult.

 

The holiday vacation is over.  Today we go back to the sort for normal that we are all becoming accustomed to.  Stay the course.  Mind, body, soul.  Three aspects to focus on so I can be prepared to handle the rest.  Family, work, friends.  Creativity, learning, awareness.

The list goes on as it circles back in upon itself.  One thing ties itself to the other.  Progress needs to be made.  The laundries need to be done.  Eggs in the pan. Boiled somewhere bewteen soft and sensible.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

It’s not what you think but think you know. 6

Curiosity was to her, as flammable as kerosene, for she had been blessed with a spirit ignited through insight.  For safety reasosns she fel...