vrijdag 13 juli 2018

So, the Universe and I are doing what we usually do together and the Universe says,


So, the Universe and I are doing what we usually do together and the Universe says,

“Dude, I am not that happy.”
And I ask the Universe “what, are you depressed?”
And the Universe answers, “no man, I am just not happy.”
And I say, “you know what, neither am I.”
And the Universe says, “maybe it is the after affects.”
And I say,”from what?”
And the Universe says, “oh, nevermind.”

And a flock of birds flew over head.  There was a cool breeze and the sun shined.

“Maybe you need a real job?” I said.
“What you don’t think being the Universe is a real job?”
“Well, no…I mean, it is just like, you always…ah forget it.”
“Forgot it.” Said the Universe .

And delivery trucks drove by us and there were children playing and parents on telephones and someone shouting.

And the Universe said,” maybe I need to buy something.”
“Buy something?” I responeded.
“Yeah, people buy stuff to make them happy, don’t they.”
“I guess some do.” I said. 
“What should I buy then?”
“What do you need?” I asked the Universe.
“Not much, now that I think of it.”

And there was a kid delivering pizzas and another delivering sushi and another delivering tacos.  A police siren wailed in the distance. 

“I don’t have any money.” Said the Universe.
“That is why you need a real job.” I said.
“Do you have any money?” asked the Universe.
“No,” I said. “I don’t have a real job either.”

And a man with a guitar and a dog sat down a few feet away from us and started playing a song from Simon & Garfunkel.  The dog lay at the man’s feet.  I got up and dropped the last euro I had in my pocket in the man’s guitar case.

The Universe asked me, “why did you do that.”
“Why not.” I answered.
“You like Simon & Garfunkel?”
“Not per se,” I said. “But hey, the guy is just trying to earn a buck playing music.”
“You could have given me the euro to buy something.” Said the Universe.
“You could have sang me a song.” I said.
And a ball rolled past us but there seemed to be nobody around kicking it.  The Universe and I watched the ball roll down the street and then turn left at the corner.  A man in a white suit walked past us and said hello.  The Universe and I both said hello back. 

“I think that I am happy again.” Said the Universe.
“That is good to hear.” I said.
“And I didn’t even have to buy anything.”
“That is a good thing.” I said.


And that is how we spent the afternoon. And other people did other things and then it became evening and the Universe asked me.

"What are you making for dinner?"
And I said, "an extra place for you."







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

It’s not what you think but think you know. 6

Curiosity was to her, as flammable as kerosene, for she had been blessed with a spirit ignited through insight.  For safety reasosns she fel...