woensdag 30 december 2020

 I dreamt that I paid 42 dollars for a ticket to see a band from the 90's in some bar/venue in NYC.  Though after parking the car in the garage of a shopping mall close by to the bar I noticed that I never had confirmed the purchase of the ticket.  So the sale never went through.  Luckily the show had not sold out and I was still able to purchase the ticket. 

Upon arrival at the venue I meet up with some friends outside.  They said that there was two opening acts.  One was a guy with a fiddle, the other I don't remember.  I peered inside the bar and saw that it was still pretty empty.  Just a lot of long sullen faces sitting at the bar and a guy with a fiddle on stage.  I realized that neither bars nor guys with fiddles interested me anymore.  

I also realized that I had no money and that the longer I stayed the bigger a problem I would have paying for the parking.  So I decided to leave then and skip the 2nd act and the band from the 90's , swallow the loss of the 42 dollars and just go home.

During this pandemic I have kept myself busy and been fortunate enough to figure out how to do that.  With enough resources and time on my hands, I find that I don't really miss things.  Would I want this to continue for a longer period, no.  But I do wonder for myself how it will feel when the time comes to get back into it all.  To meet someone for a drink in a bar, to go see a band play in a venue, to have the chance to perform with my band before a crowd.  

And will tickets to one of our shows ever cost 42 dollars?  I promise no guys with fiddles as opening act.  Except if it is Geoff Berner.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

It’s not what you think but think you know. 6

Curiosity was to her, as flammable as kerosene, for she had been blessed with a spirit ignited through insight.  For safety reasosns she fel...